Terms & Conditions
Please quote your membership number each time you make a reservation to be sure any points due to you are credited to your Affinity account. If you make a reservation through a travel agent you should show your card on check in to ensure points are credited to your account.
- Affinity members will receive points for any qualifying hotel stay and any additional services charged to their room that are qualifying services.
- Points are earned on stays that are booked direct with the hotel only. This excludes all third party online retailers, including but not limited to Laterooms, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, HRS, Lastminute.com, Superbreaks, Hotels.com.
- Qualifying spend – points are issued on the basis of your individual expenditure when resident, shown by the amount of accommodation, telephone, Spa treatment, car parking, food or drinks spend on your personal receipt when checking out.
- Points will be issued on the basis of 1 point for every £10.00 spent (inc. VAT). Points will be awarded on the same basis for complete multiples of £10.00 spend. This rate is subject to change without notice.
- Affinity points cannot be claimed on promotional/negotiated room rates, conference bookings, Spa memberships, Spa treatment products, gift vouchers, function food & drink, dinner dances or weddings, or any services arranged by the hotel on your behalf e.g. flowers, taxis,
- The Affinity card can only be credited with points when the member is resident at the hotel , and on check out. Points cannot be collected on non-resident use i.e. a meal in the restaurant or Spa treatment.
- The Affinity card is not a credit or charge card.
- Points will be credited to your account within 5 days of check out.
- Points remain valid for 18 months from the date of award and will expire if unused by this date.
- New members can claim points for a stay or stays dated within 30 days prior to enrolment. Log in to your Affinity account to make a claim.
- Existing members can claim missing points for up to 90 days from the date of stay by making a claim through the Affinity website. Backdated points are issued at the discretion of Shire Hotels and you must have been a member at the time of the stay.
- Points and cards are not transferable and points can only be redeemed by the member.
- Each point is worth £1.00 when redeemed against accommodation or food and drinks at any Shire Hotel and LodgeonthePark.com locations. Each point has a cash value of 0.0001p. When redeeming points the value to be redeemed will be rounded up to the next full pound value.
- A minimum of 10 points must be redeemed at any one time. Points cannot be used as part payment for goods and services and only whole points can be redeemed.
- Points collected on one stay cannot be redeemed until the next visit.
- Points can be redeemed against fully flexible best available room only or bed and breakfast rates – not on promotional rates, packages and offers included in the brochure or website. Dinner cannot be bought in advance with points but can be settled at the hotel with points on check out.
- Room reservations – Bookings should be made by calling the hotel of your choice and stating that it is an Affinity Redemption quoting your membership number. Each hotel will hold an allocation for Affinity members and may not be able to take your booking if this allocation is full even though rooms may still be on sale. Bank Holidays at The North Lakes Hotel and Solent Hotel are excluded from point redemptions on accommodation. Bookings can be made at 28 days or less prior to arrival. Up to 2 rooms may be booked on a redemption stay.
- Cancellation of a room reservation with less than 24 hours’ notice will result in a charge (in points) for one night’s accommodation.
- Table reservations – points can be redeemed against lunch or dinner – bookings should be made in advance and direct with the hotel
- Midweek Spa treatments – Monday to Thursday inclusive and can be booked 7 days or less out. Bookings should be made in advance and direct with spa treatments at the hotel.
- Where available, free children’s rooms are provided on a room only basis – all children’s meals (including breakfast) will be charged as taken. Free children’s rooms are limited to one free room per paid room (pounds or points) on weekends only and are strictly subject to each hotel’s allocation and discretion. North Lakes and Solent Hotels are excluded from this offer.
- Points cannot be used to pay for conference bookings, car park charges, Spa memberships, gift vouchers, Spa treatment products, weekend Spa treatments, functions, dinner dances or weddings, or any services arranged by the hotel on your behalf eg flowers, taxis,
- Your Affinity card must be presented at check in, prior to partaking of any goods and services. Failure to do so may result in charges for goods/services provided.
- Affinity is only open to persons aged 18 or over.
- Point collection and redemption can only take place during the validity period of the Affinity membership.
- Shire Hotels cannot be held responsible for the loss or theft of Affinity cards once issued. Lost or stolen cards cannot be re-issued with a points value.
- Shire Hotels reserve the right to vary the Affinity Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
- If you are incurring business expenditure you should seek your employer’s permission before participating in Affinity as benefits claimed may give rise to a tax liability.
- Employees (and their families) of Shire Hotels or Daniel Thwaites Plc are excluded from Affinity.
- Shire Hotels see Affinity as a long term commitment. However, they do reserve the right to terminate the promotion at any time, but undertake to provide a minimum of 14 days’ notice. All points accumulated on or before that date will be honoured.
- Affinity is operated by Shire Hotels – a trading name used by Daniel Thwaites Plc, The Old Wine Warehouse, Larkhill Street, Blackburn BB1 5DF.